Governor details and interests
The Governing Body of Roundwood Primary School has 12 members. There are:
Parent Governors – representatives but not delegates of parents.
One Local Education Authority Governor – appointed by the LEA.
One Staff Governor – who represents all school staff but is not their delegate.
Parent Governors – elected by parents at the school
Local Education Authority Governor – appointed by Bucks County Council
Staff Governors – elected by staff employed by the school.
(Associate Members do not have voting rights.)
Governing Body structure
Full Governing Body meetings are held three times per school year. In addition there are a number of committees and governors that have specific responsibilities. These committees all report back to the Full Governing Body.
- Teaching and Learning Committee – deals with the Curriculum and attainment of pupils.
- BFP Committee – overseas budget, personnel, buildings and Health & Safety.
- Roles and Responsibilities – Pupil premium, GDPR, Marketing, Equalities, sports premium, safeguarding and development & training.
Some Governors have additional responsibilities:
- Chair of Governors – The Chair is a key leadership role, leading the governing body and working in partnership with the headteacher to ensure continuous school improvement.
- Vice Chair – supports the Chair and takes on the role of Chairing individual committees.
- Safeguarding Governor – ensures the implementation and maintenance of appropriate safeguarding practices in the school.
- Health & Safety Governor – ensures that the school and the site are compliant with Health & Safety legislation.
- Special Educational Needs Governor – takes a lead on ensuring that the needs of vulnerable learners are met.
- Early Years Governor – ensures that there is effective monitoring of EYFS provision.
- Equalities Governor – ensures that the school promotes equality and ensures that equality of opportunity is available to all.
- Development Governor – supports the training and development needs of the Governing Body.
Each of our governors generously give their time to support and challenge the school. Please click on the profiles below to read about them.
Please click here to read Dylan Edward’s profile
Please click here to read Claire Groves’s profile
Please click here to read Marcus Hibbin’s profile
Please click here to read Tracey Creed’s profile
Please click here to read Matt Godfrey’s profile
Please click here to read Kirsty Eales’s profile
Please click here to read Sarah Capper’s profile
Please click here to read Matt Weston’s profile
Please click here to read Carmen Jones’s profile
Please click here to read Deb Pearce’s profile
Please click here to read Matt Morton’s profile
Please click here to read Clare Smith’s profile