Equalities Information and Objectives
Roundwood Primary School demonstrates a strong culture of inclusion and through the vision, values and culture of the school. Staff and governors are committed to promoting equality of opportunity across the school community and take seriously the requirements of the Public Sector Equality Duty as defined by legislation in 2010: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/section/149.
The Public Sector Equality Duty aims to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act. By removing or minimising disadvantages suffered by people due to their protected characteristics.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not. By taking steps to meet the needs of people from protected groups where these are different from the needs of other people
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not. By encouraging people from protected groups to participate in public life or in other activities where their participation is disproportionately low.Roundwood Primary School Equality Objectives (Last Reviewed February 2019)
- To ensure that all pupils, irrespective of gender, make at least good progress year on year and to close gaps in attainment between boys and girls in English and mathematics.
- To ensure that all pupils new to the school experience a successful transition, are happy and settle quickly to learning.
- To ensure that all parents are happy to come to school take part in school events and feel they are able to raise concerns about their child or about the way they are treated as a member of the school community and do not feel they are discriminated against in any way.
- To extend our pupils’ understanding of cultural diversity and tolerance of differences in culture and religious beliefs through positive experiences of different cultures traditions and languages.
Please click here to view our equalities information.
Please click here to view our equalities policy.